Our Certifying Standards
Each of our practitioners offers something unique to the world. Drawing from their varied backgrounds, years of education and service work, each one finds their own way to contribute to either the field of medicine, education, spirituality or art.
Each practitioner has completed, as a minimum, the following:
- A one-year foundation course in experiential shamanic studies
- A two-year course in professionalism, safety, ethical practice, law, business, health and disease, psychology, first aid etc.
- Two years of education and training in their chosen specialty
- One year of supervised practice followed by a formal written, oral & practical examination
After completing the above, each practitioner takes an oath of professional conduct and ethical standards.
After their certification each practitioner maintains the following:
- Access to supervision
- 10 hours per year of continuing education
- Peer circle review
- Professional liability insurance
- Responsibility and accountability to our supervisory circle
We will post a complete database of certified practitioners that are authorized to carry the CSP® title in December 2018. If you have questions in the meantime, please feel free to call or email us.
Certified Shamanic Practitioner® and CSP® are the registered trademarks of FoxFire Institute of Shamanic Studies and S. Alexander Alich.
Page updated: 05.11.2018