Our Certifying Standards
Each of our practitioners offers something unique to the world. Drawing from their varied backgrounds, years of education and service work, each one finds their own way to contribute to either the field of medicine, education, spirituality or art.
Each practitioner has completed, as a minimum, the following:
- A one-year foundation course in experiential shamanic studies
- A two-year course in experiential shamanism, integrative medicine, ethics & professionalism, basic health sciences and a specialty of their choice
- Two years of supervised practice
- A written & practical examination
After completing the above, each practitioner takes an oath of professional and ethical standards.
After their certification each practitioner maintains the following:
- Access to supervision
- Continued mentorship
- 10 hours per year of continuing education
- Active contact to their peer circle
- Access to professional liability insurance
- Responsibility and accountability to our supervisory circle
We will post a complete list of the practitioners that are authorized to carry the CSP certification title shortly. If you have questions in the meantime, please feel free to call or email us.
Certified Shamanic Practitioner® and CSP® are the registered trademarks of FoxFire Institute of Shamanic Studies and S. Alexander Alich.